As a whole, psychology is a fascinating topic to study. It is quite amazing how complex the human brain is and how human beings behave in certain situations due to psychological reactions. When it comes to abnormal psychology, things can get even more complicated. This area focuses on some of the more unique patterns of emotion, thought, and behavior. There is a significant percentage of people who exemplify some of these traits, and if you aren’t totally prepared for it, you might be studying how some humans display disturbing forms of behavior that are considered immoral and deviant. In other words, you have to be very open-minded when studying psychology.
According to TopTenTopTen.com, the following 10 textbooks are the best abnormal psychology books. As state, this subject can be a bit overwhelming, but these books will explain a variety of topics within this discipline as clearly as possible:
1) Abnormal Psychology by Ronald J. J. Comer (2009 – Worth Publishing)
2) Abnormal Psychology by James N. Butcher, Susan Mineka, and Jill M. Hooley (2009 – Allyn & Bacon)
3) Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach (with Abnormal Psych Live CD-ROM) by David H. Barlow and V. Mark Durand (2008 – Wadsworth Publishing)
4) Abnormal Psychology by V. Mark Durand (1997 – Brooks/Cole Publishing Company)
5) Abnormal Psychology with MindMap CD-ROM and PowerWeb by Susan Nolen-Hoeksema (2005 – McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages)
6) Abnormal Psychology by Thomas F. Oltmanns and Robert E. Emery (2009 – Prentice Hall)
7) Abnormal Psychology (11thEdition) by Ann M. Kring, Sheri Johnson, Gerald C. Davison, and John M. Neale (2009 – Wiley)
8) Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach by David H. Barlow and V. Mark Duran (2008 – Wadsworth Publishing)
9) Casebook in Abnormal Psychology by Timothy A. Brown and David H. Barlow (2010 – Wadsworth Publishing)
10) Abnormal Psychology (10th Edition) by Ann M. Kring, Gerald C. Davison, John M. Neale, and Sheri Johnson (2006 – Wiley)
If you need any of these books, be sure to use Textbooks.org as a resource for many reasons. You can find information about your university’s bookstore as well as other textbook stores in your local area where you can pick up copies of these books. You can also type in the title or ISBN number of your book and compare prices on them from different online bookstore websites that either sell or rent textbooks.